Cyber security has become a dominant issue in healthcare. The high value of patient and proprietary information is exposing members of the healthcare continuum to an increasing threat of cyber-attacks. Healthcare systems and clinical devices now produce and manage more sensitive patient health information than ever before, but many legacy devices and systems lack effective security access controls. As these systems become more connected and the regulatory environment continues to shift even the savviest CISO’s are challenged to protect this data.
To best protect Patient Health Information (PHI), CISOs must start to focus on isolating and protecting key systems and devices that create, manage, and maintain patient information. This includes:
- The ability to secure access across dynamic hybrid IT environments
- Scalable and automated security and access management that supports legacy systems
- Preventive regulatory and compliance support
- Proactive, preventive, and secure operations
Unfortunately, traditional security models have not kept up with the challenges of protecting PHI. They cannot keep pace with the continuous change in IT infrastructures, particularly support for legacy devices and systems, lack the necessary scalability and automation, and focus solely on detecting and reporting rather than prevention. Additionally, they cannot support the authenticated interoperability requirements needed across connected clinical systems.
The business of healthcare today is driving the need for an adaptive approach to cyber-defense, which can effectively support the evolution in patient care operations, hybrid IT, and connected systems and legacy devices. Only Invisinet delivers a new, adaptive cyber defense model that enables the secure delivery and management of patient care.
Invisinet accomplishes this through:
Dynamic Segmentation of Patient Care Systems and Clinical Devices
- Block any identity from seeing and accessing unauthorized systems or devices that deliver patient care.
- Enable full access control of which identities or functions can access and traverse the network, even across legacy systems and devices.
- Enforce dynamic segmentation policies for secure data transfer across hospital network or cloud.
- Enforcement of Trust Across Connected Healthcare Systems
Dynamic management to respond to attacks
- Automatic authentication of identity and policy enforcement
- Custom trust models and configurations for each endpoint
- Proactive Isolation of Healthcare Applications
- Proactively remove ALL unauthorized network traffic from any system or device
- Securely deliver patient care information anywhere, anytime
- Automatically support security audit and compliance needs
Invisinet Transport Access Control (TAC) acts as a liaison between the chaos of the Internet and an organization’s network. Invisinet prevents all unapproved traffic from even knocking on the network’s front door and authenticates every network connection on the first packet. The result is an immediate and tangible reduction in the malicious, unwanted traffic that pose the bulk of cyber threats today. Only pre-authorized connections are allowed, all of which are managed via a highly scalable and secure provisioning system.
Invisinet, has enabled:
- Unparalleled Trust in the delivery of secure patient care
- Reduced network security and operational management costs
- Lowered risk to patient data and stronger security compliance